We take your privacy seriously. This policy sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
You have provided (or will provide) personal information in order to receive our products and emails, and also for us to collect payment for our products.
We will only use this information for these purposes and never pass your personal details to any other companies.
1) What information do we hold?
- Information that you give us. When filling in forms on our website, corresponding with us by phone, email or letter, it includes information you provide when you register an account with us, pay for materials, participate in social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office and staff members.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you from other websites, for example payment services, (Shopify—see below) and search information providers.
2) How will we use your information?
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to interactively use features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we offer to you and others, and to deliver relevant promotional e-mails to you.
- If you sign up for electronic newsletter we will use your information to send you news and information about Grove Books.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records that our employees and volunteers need to keep in touch with you.
3) Where do we store your personal data?
- We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only Grove Books staff or volunteers that need to see the data can access it.
- We may store your information on computers, in paper form, or both.
- All computers that store any personal data are password protected.
- Laptop computers and similar devices that contain confidential information are encrypted.
- Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises.
4) What Is our legal basis for processing your data?
- Your postal address is used for sending out hard copies of our books. Your e-mail is held for sending .pdf versions.
- Contact preferences for email, text, phone or postal marketing and newsletters and news mailing and marketing lists are processed on the basis of Consent (unless otherwise stated), GDPR paragraph 6(1)(f). You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To withdraw consent simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below
- Data collected through our paper systems is held for our legitimate interests, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(d) or because of a contractual obligation to do so, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(b).
- Employee and volunteer data records are processed to comply with Legal Obligations, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(c) and to fulfil our Legitimate Interests as a charity 6(1)(d).
5) How long do we hold your data?
- The length of time that we will retain your data will vary depending upon the purpose for which it is processed.
- Data that is held by us on consent is only kept for as long as we have your consent to process that data.
6) Your Rights
- Under UK legislation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website https://ico.org.uk/
- Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you.
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified.
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law).
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent you can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our websites and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to one of our sites.
- To measure our website traffic and analyse how our websites work. This will allow us to make changes to our websites in the future and make them easier to use.
- You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note if you disable all cookies you may not be able to access some parts of our websites.
- Any changes we make to our privacy in the future will be posted on this page and notified to you by e-mail.